This site is dedicated to the hard working men and women, both active and retired, of Ford’s Ohio Assembly Plant located in Avon Lake, Ohio. The website’s sole purpose is to act as a primary resource of timely and accurate news and information effecting this local.
An integral part of UAW Region 2B under the leadership of Regional Director Wayne Blanchard, UAW Local 2000 plays an active role in the community through its continued involvement in assisting local and national charitable organizations.
UAW Local 2000 is also an active participant in local, state, and national government and is committed to the same principles as the International UAW, to secure economic and social justice for all people.
|Our Local Union
|Ford's Ohio Assembly Plant (formerly Ohio Truck Plant) was opened in September, 1973. The original members of this plant (from Lorain Local UAW 425) were responsible for building and painting the body of the Econoline Van, which were then transported to by truck to Lorain Assembly Plant for final assembly. In 1976 members voted to become a separate Local Union and United Auto Workers Local 2000 was Chartered on August 4, 1976. Our Local Retirees were Chartered on July 22, 1983 and presently have 1200 members, many of which have remained very active in the community. Ford's Ohio Assembly Plant (formerly Ohio Truck Plant) was opened in September, 1973. The original members of this plant (from Lorain Local UAW 425) were responsible for building and painting the body of the Econoline Van, which were then transported to by truck to Lorain Assembly Plant for final assembly
|Ohio Assembly Plant is located in the eastern end of Lorain County in three communities: Avon Lake, Sheffield Lake and Sheffield Village. The plant is approximately one mile south of Lake Erie and approximately 20 miles west of Cleveland, Ohio. The facility was originally built in 1946 by the Fruehauf Company and was utilized to build over-the-road trailers until 1972 when it was purchased by Ford Motor Company. At that time the plant consisted of 1,000,000 square feet under one roof on 242 acres. With three smaller expansions in the 1970's and 1980's and with the expansion associated with the 1992 Ford Econoline and the 1993 Mercury Villager and Nissan Quest, the plant has now grown to 3.7 million square feet on 419 acres